Recognizing the urgent need to de-escalate violence and to address humanitarian and economic needs, the parties will implement a two-month Truce, starting 02 April 2022 and ending 02 June 2022, with the possibility of extension. The purpose of the Truce is to provide a conducive environment for a peaceful settlement of the conflict. It is not a pause to be used by the parties to regroup and resume military operations. The Truce will comprise the following elements:
- A halt to all offensive ground, aerial, and maritime military operations, inside and outside of Yemen, and a freeze in current military positions on the ground.
- The entry of 18 fuel ships during the two-month Truce to the ports of Hodeida.
- Two commercial flights per week in and out of Sanaa Airport during the two-month Truce to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Once the Truce comes into effect, the SE will invite the parties to a meeting to agree on opening roads in Taiz and other governorates to facilitate the movement of civilian men, women and children, benefiting from the atmosphere of the Truce.
- Engagement of the parties with the SE on proposals for next steps towards ending the war.
The arrangements are temporary in nature and do not constitute a precedent.
Modalities and Timing:
- The Truce will go into effect 24 hours after the SE’s announcement.
- During the 24 hours, the parties are responsible for informing their affiliated forces of the halt to all offensive military operations and to freeze military positions on the ground.
- The parties will appoint authorized focal points to work with OSESGY on all elements, including military aspects, to support adherence and respect for the Truce. While there will be no independent monitoring, OSESGY will support the coordination required by the parties to help implement the Truce.
- The Truce may be extended with the consent of the parties.